Thursday, October 14, 2010

Autumn, Finally!

The first hint of autumn is finally here! The southeastern states don't get to experience the cool breezes of this beloved season until around mid-October, so by the time the humidity breaks we are all past ready for it. Autumn is my favorite season, so I am trying my best to enjoy everything about it before winter makes its swift arrival. It seems like the transitional seasons are never long enough in this part of the country...


I had the day off today, so Daniel and I took the dogs to the TVA's Rockpile trail for some fresh air. Everything is still really green, but the first leaves are starting to change.


Things I'm looking forward to this autumn:
  • Wearing scarves
  • Hot tea in the morning
  • Apple cider
  • The smell of fallen leaves
  • Cuddling under blankets with the dogs and a good book
  • Baking
  • Dressing in layers
  • Riding with the windows down
  • Visiting the river
  • The Alabama Renaissance Faire
  • Evening walks
  • Introspection

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment