Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day and Belated Birthday Surprise

Daniel surprised me with an orchid the other day. How sweet is that?

Our bedroom doesn't get much direct sunlight, and I have put sheer curtains over the window, which is supposed to be the perfect kind of light for orchids. I hear they are difficult to grow. Not so much grow, necessarily, but getting them to bloom again can be quite a feat. I'm up for the challenge.


Just having this beauty in the room makes me want to go into a spring cleaning frenzy. I'm saving that for after Dunwoody, though.


This orchid care site seems really comprehensive and easy to read, for anyone out there interested in keeping orchids. It even lists recommended books to read if you want to take it one step further.

Happy Earth Day, everyone!!! Go out and do something extra nice for your planet. And then keep doing it year round ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment