Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tornado Relief T-Shirts


Align Center
My dear friend Maggie is doing an amazing thing to help raise funds for tornado relief in Alabama. She's offering hand-printed (silkscreened) t-shirts for sale at her website for an affordable $15.00 each. All proceeds will go to the American Red Cross. Her goal is to raise $1,000.00 but I think we can all help her achieve more than that!

The design will be printed on high quality Alternative Apparel shirts (which I love!) and sizes available are Sm-2XL. Click here for more info. and to order one for yourself. Even if Alabama isn't your "sweet home", the tornado victims sure could use your help in rebuilding theirs. And besides, these are some awesome shirts.

A quote from Maggie:

"On April 27, 2011, several cities across the state of Alabama were devastated by tornadoes. I am blessed in that my family, friends, and home are all still safe...so many were less fortunate than I was. The death toll is nearing 300 and hundreds of people are still missing.

I called Tuscaloosa home for 4 years of my life when I was a student at Alabama and some of my close friends still live there. I have been unable to physically go help the relief efforts there due to work, but I'm going to do what I can to help from here.

I originally designed this shirt with the intent to sell it for profit, but I would rather donate the proceeds to the relief efforts across the state. My goal is to raise at least $1000 to donate to the Red Cross. I will be placing the first order for shirts on Tuesday, May 3, and printing them as soon as they arrive. I will continue to take orders after that as well.
"

So far, the response to her t-shirt design has been overwhelming. I am so glad folks can come together and support one another. The cleanup in the South will be no small endeavor. You are an inspiration to me, Maggie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment